Thursday, July 9, 2009

Final assignment

Natanya
Ortiz
Story

I was walking in inner city club and when I went in there I had the most uncomfortable feeling I had ever had in my life come over me. As I walk thought the door I was the only minority but the friends I came with were white and they wanted to show me a good time because it was only fare I took them the to a place where I enjoy myself in my home town so we did not to. Much worry about it because just because some thing seems on way it may not be that way so .we heard one of our favorite songs drake you the best and as we made our way to the dance floor people made a space like we had some type of unheard of virus .but we where use to having the dance floor be our spot light so we didn’t worry to much about it .close to the end I was tiered and went to buy a beverage and as I made my way to the table were the drinks were held I was STOPED by some tiny pail face girl say don’t you know your own the wrong side of town you don’t you belong somewhere in the hood?? An I ask here do you even know where I come from or who I am form what makes you think I live in the hood??She glandered at me for a moment and say were look where you are Avery one around you belong and you just don’t that’s just how it is then I said when I played my cover charge I didn’t see any sight that said minorities not welcome so let me leave you with this the music you are dancing to was by somebody with the same skin color as me if you didn’t know that then may be if you were smart like me you could look that up on a computer that was if you didn’t know was helped composed by a great African American male named Dr. Mark Dean. Had he was only one of the over achievers that help overcome people like you .don’t know watt there talking about so without him that d jays wouldn’t be able to play all the music you lessening to without his personal invention of the personal pc after that I walked away knowing that I solved a problem that may people still have without violence the ignorance of people who don’t know about minorities have done.
Facts
Dr. Mark Dean
Computer Inventions


Dr. Mark Dean started working at IBM in 1980 and was instrumental in the invention of the Personal Computer (PC). He holds three of IBM's original nine PC patents and currently holds more than 20 total patents. The famous African-American inventor never thought the work he was doing would end up being so useful to the world, but he has helped IBM make instrumental changes in areas ranging from the research and application of systems technology circuits to operating environments. One of his most recent computer inventions occurred while leading the team that produced the 1-Gigahertz chip, which contains one million transistors and has nearly limitless potential.


College easy

Hi my name is Natanya Ortiz and I am a Senior at James Madison academic Campus in Milwaukee Wisconsin I and currently applying to be at Spellman during my time here I plan on presuming to be in a surety hopeful I will get accepted to alpha kappa alpha know as aka for short as I continue me education at Spellman I plane to study law I would like to be a criminal defense attorney the reason why I wont to defined criminals is because I like to exploited the hole Avery one is inanest until proven guilty and because there are all ready I get the drive from arguing my point and I strive to win and that’s one of my bad but good talents I have to be the best at what ever imp doing or I won’t give up and I won’t sleep to I figure it out imp into brain teasers I love sports also in my free time I enjoy playing volley ball and shopping and my job that’s one of the best thing s I like about myself I love helping others I also am a volunteer at sty mars hospital and at my local yucca and I am a dancer that’s a hobbies I enjoy as well I highly enjoy learning man different styles of dancing I am currently learning salsa and cloth that is for African dancing I feel it connects me to a higher sense of my cutler because imp mostly African American but my grandmother is a occasion jewfishes gipsy and I am a fast learner an I love writing and poetry so imp perfected for your school imp cultured I have a good study ethical I m a hard worker imp the best out there imp smart and if I do say so myself I beyond beauty so why not choose brains beauty and irreplaceable you can’t find and one better so I enjoy you’ve taken your time out and reading my easy so have a blessed day.




Who I am and why I belong as a person

In life I find myself being aware of what my goals are. I feel I am a part of a change that can make my future better and improve the goals I plan to reach in my life. I am a older sister I am a person to which I feel in my personal opiones is worth more than words can describe. I plane an on so much I plan to accomplishes so much sometimes I wonder will time wait for me I have a job and I feel it connects me worth people who are helpless and needed and it makes me feel good that I got up at eleven o clock an cared to be there . I my duties as a sister I is to make sure my brother gets to school on time and eats a healthy breakfast and looks decent and to be his tutor if he needs it . I also am a daughter and I pick up the slack if there's any thing my family needs I’m there to hold it all together. And as a student my goals are to focus come on time and be there and prepared.

3 comments:

  1. I like that you reall got out and wrote the pieces about belonging. You composed what came into your mind and wrote those ideas down. Your first piece is an interesting story about racism and its meanness. Your final pieces say a lot about who you are. As you continue in school, and as you continue to grow as a student, work hard on the writing, the discourse of school, because you're going to need it. You have the thoughts and the mind--you are a thinker. To make those thoughts more powerful, work hard at improving the fundamentals of writing so that your voice will be heard. Good luck and work hard at Madison.

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. the college essay is good and we have some of the same interest, but i really have to tell you that you never want to tell on put that you want to be a AKA on the internet because people will take advantage you because they know that's what you really want to do...trust me i know my cousin had to go threw that. Besides that your piece is great!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice job! I agree with you on a lot of things. I like your pieces and Im glad I got to hear about your story in that club, but that sucks how people are racist. I know you're better then though. Other then that, I like how you want to go to law school, and I like how you think about your future and you handle your responsibilities very well. Nice piece.
    -Enis

    ReplyDelete